Wintrust Asset Finance is an equipment-focused financing group that offers sophisticated loan and lease products to commercial companies throughout the country in a wide range of industries, including transportation, construction, manufacturing, energy services, aviation, and turn-key property, plant, and equipment, among others. Wintrust Asset Finance is an affiliate of Wintrust, a financial services company with more than $50 billion in assets.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
Why join this team?
- We have a culture that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit
- We offer multiple opportunities for development and upward mobility
What You'll Do
- Oversee and identify legal issues across all departments, including organizational governance, tax, documentation and funding, and compliance reporting.
- Independently structure, negotiate, and draft a broad range of loan and lease agreements in support of direct and indirect transaction originations.
- Perform detailed legal due diligence across all stages of the origination, documentation, and closing process.
- Review and negotiate transaction documents, interact with opposing counsel, provide oversight on closing mechanics, and ensure adherence to established WCF policies and procedures.
- Advise and assist originations, credit, asset management, operations, and administration on all aspects of commercial finance related transactions, including regulatory and governance issues.
- Provide solutions to complex legal and structural issues.
- Review and negotiate amendments, account modifications, and workouts, as necessary.
- Manage all aspects of relationships with engaged outside counsel and other professionals representing WCF.
- Ensure compliance with the business's regulatory and ethical obligations, practices and procedures.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple documentation closings under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties in concise manner, both written and verbal. In particular, the candidate should be able to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply and provide guidance on all business and legal issues.
- Knowledge of loan and lease documentation and lien perfection.
- Knowledge of Article 2A and Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and willing to take initiative.
- Candidate must have a JD degree from a respected law school, be admitted to at least one state bar (preferably Texas or Illinois), and have at least 5-7 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience.
This position is located at Wintrust Commercial Finance's headquarters in Frisco, Texas.
Medical Insurance Dental Vision Life insurance Accidental death and dismemberment Short-term and long term Disability Insurance Parental Leave Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Traditional and Roth 401(k) with company match Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Employee Stock Purchase Plan at 5% discount Critical Illness Insurance Accident Insurance Transportation and Commuting Benefits Banking Benefits Pet Insurance
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.