Wintrust Wealth Management serves the financial needs of private clients, including high net worth individuals, business owners, and institutions. Since our founding in 1931, we have been helping clients meet their increasingly complex financial goals with the highest standards of service and integrity. Through our four companies, Wintrust Investments LLC, The Chicago Trust Company N.A., Great Lakes Advisors LLC, and The Chicago Deferred Exchange Company LLC, we offer comprehensive wealth management solutions, including investment, trust, and asset management services. Wintrust Wealth Management is a division of Wintrust, a financial services company with more than $50 billion in assets.
Great Lakes Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wintrust Financial Corporation. Great Lakes Advisors was founded in 1981 with the strong client focus we still have today. Headquartered in Chicago, with an additional office in Tampa, Florida, GLA has $12.0 Billion in AUM/AUA as of March 31, 2022, and offers a wide range of actively managed equity fixed income, and multi-asset strategies. In addition, we provide customized solutions through principle-based screening, positive values-based portfolio tilts, ESG integration, and tax-managed capabilities. We take pride in being a collaborative partner, working to align our investing capabilities with our client's values.
Great Lakes Advisors, LLC is seeking an experienced Investment Research Analyst for our Multi-Asset Strategy investment team.
This position will analyze and deliver on complex assignments and projects that support the Head of our Multi-Asset Strategy investment platform. Our Multi-Asset Strategy portfolios utilize a combination of both internal and external investment management strategies across asset classes in an open architecture structure. The role will involve rigorous research, analysis, and support of multi-asset portfolio construction and implementation.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- Promote from within culture
Why join this team?
- We are a growing team with a fast-paced, collaborative, team-centric, positive culture
- We hold ourselves to the highest standard of service and integrity in the industry
- We have a strong reputation for quality service and impeccable ethics
- Strong track record of valuing and investing in existing talent by providing opportunities for growth and advancement
What You Will Do
- Perform analysis and investment due diligence on both existing and prospective investments, and create, draft, and present recommendations to the Multi-Asset Strategy team.
- Develop and analyze macroeconomic data, research global investment factors and trends, and prepare research to help formulate investment themes and asset allocation positioning.
- Work with the Multi-Asset Strategy team members to analyze the investment performance and risks of multiple asset classes as they conduct proprietary research on asset allocation strategies and portfolio construction techniques.
- Analyze and support execution of risk management and asset allocation strategies for multi-asset portfolios.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging developments with respect to asset allocation, capital markets, and multi-asset portfolios.
- Champion and enhance organizational initiatives that ensure data integrity and other process improvements for increased efficiencies to both internal and external reporting and communications.
- The ability to succinctly and swiftly summarize an investment case, either verbally or via writing, is vital.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Progress towards CFA or other advanced professional designations (CAIA or CIMA), or willingness to pursue professional designations
- 2-7 years of experience in portfolio analysis, investment research, or financial consulting/advisory work
- Ideal candidate would possess experience with the following systems: Microsoft Excel, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, and Advent. Experience in VBA, Python, Matlab, R or other programming languages is of added value.
- Ability to work within deadlines and prioritize projects
- A self-motivated worker that is an excellent team player
Medical Insurance Dental Vision Life insurance Accidental death and dismemberment Short-term and long term Disability Insurance Parental Leave Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Traditional and Roth 401(k) with company match Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Employee Stock Purchase Plan at 5% discount Critical Illness Insurance Accident Insurance Transportation and Commuting Benefits Banking Benefits Pet Insurance
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.