Associate Supplier Quality Engineer
My client is a local manufacturer and are looking for a Associate Quality Engineer to join their team. This role will support the supply chain, in the form of planning and execution of processes, designed to improve overall performance. (Quality, Delivery & Cost)
The role will involve liaising with individual buyers and category managers, departments and/or segments.
Associate Supplier Quality Engineer - Job Role:
- Support and maintain standard work procedures.
- Validate supplier capabilities, capacity and quality systems
- Address short term performance issues through 8D/SCAR and Rapid Continuous Improvement
- Assist with the identification of standard work and process needs by collaborating with stakeholders.
- Apply appropriate methodology to drive continuous improvement efforts
- Coach, mentor and train suppliers in Continuous Improvement
- Lead/participate in Launch Readiness programs
- Monitor supplier quality & delivery performance
Associate Supplier Quality Engineer - Person Requirements:
- Understanding of ISO9001:2015 Quality accreditation
- PPAP (Level 2 & 3)
- 8D and tools used within
- Quality Audits (ISO9001)
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Understanding of KPI'S (Key Process Indicators)
- Manufacturing/Assembly background would be an advantage but not essential
- Good understanding of technical drawings
- Good communicator and presenter
- Strong organisational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Strong time-management and prioritisation skills, able to multi-task and prioritise competing requirements and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
Training will be given