Portsmouth - Hybrid Working
60,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Bid Manager needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Bid Managers that takes pride in their work.
This is an exciting and dynamic team that work on international bids and contracts, pre and post contract. If you are looking to join a team where your input will be valued, then look no further.
As an international role there is the potential to travel working on a range of opportunities across the Middle East and develop your career across the wider group
What the role of the Bid Manager entails:
Some of the main duties of the Bid Manager will include:
- Lead all aspects of the bid programme for a program of opportunities. Involved with Bid Plan encompassing Win Strategy, Price to Win, Solution, the bid governance management plan, (LCM etc)
- Develop Business Cases for continuing to pursue and bid opportunities including the bid budgets.
- Direct the Bid Programme, forms, develops and leads a high performing capture team to develop the solution(s) and deliver high quality bid/proposal(s), setting direction and objectives
- Lead customer requirement influencing strategy, requirement interpretation and Solution option generation including make/buy and partnering / teaming strategy
- Lead stakeholder management at all appropriate levels across multiple organisations including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- Define customer relationship management strategy. Utilises customer review data to truly understand customer perceptions and support capture activity
- Ensure smooth hand-over to Project Manager for delivery phase
What experience you need to be the successful Bid Manager:
- Qualified to Degree standard (Bsc / BA) or equivalent
- Extensive Business Winning experience and a deep understanding of business winning behaviours, processes, procedures and industry best practice in a competitive environment.
- Considerable experience in leading, managing and delivering strategically important and high value Bid Programmes.
- Considerable experience of engaging senior stakeholders, particularly customers, and the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Takes ownership for own tasks, defining own and team objectives
- Works on own initiative with responsibility for delivery
- Knowledge of latest bid/proposal best practice in industry and seeks to apply new techniques to their solutions where possible
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!