We have been asked to recruit a Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant on behalf of an accountancy firm, to join its team in Sandhurst. The key focus of the role will be to carry out bookkeeping and VAT work for clients and assist the accountant in maintaining accurate financial records, assisting with the preparation and analysis of financial information.
This is a small team in Sandhurst and the firm has another office in nearby Aldershot, where you may need to work on occasion.
As Bookkeeper in this busy office, you will have the opportunity to get involved in other areas, such as accounts and taxation work, indeed, the firm is keen to meet people who have the desire to expand on existing skills and knowledge.
As Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- General bookkeeping to include, double entry bookkeeping, processing sales invoices, receipts and payments, preparation of statements showing income and expenditure, completing VAT returns, preparing wages and processing expenses claims
- Helping prepare P&L accounts and balance sheets
- Assisting more senior team members as required to help with the workload and smooth running of the office
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with clients, visitors and other team members and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to requests
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Other duties to grow to include accounts and tax work
We would welcome applications from people with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ideally be AAT qualified, although experience and ability is more important
- Previous experience in a similar bookkeeping or accounts assistant role with a practice environment
- Good IT skills with experience of accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be local to the Sandhurst area
You will be offered a competitive salary, depending upon experience and the opportunity to further develop skills and progress your career.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Bookkeeper role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.