Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic community. Overview
Barnes & Noble College is seeking dynamic, friendly, and customer-focused team members to work as Temporary Booksellers for a period of 90 days or less in our stores. As a temporary employee tasks you may be expected to complete include assisting customers with locating products, answering questions, shelving and restocking the sales floor, processing cash, credit, assisting with refunds and returns, among other tasks. Responsibilities
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. Temporary positions require availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts. Expectations:
- Greet customers, answer questions, and assist with the purchase of merchandise or services.
- Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the store to maintain an appealing sales floor.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments.
- Temporary positions require availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or required. Qualifications
EEO Statement Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Job Locations US-NC-GREENSBORO ID 2 Category Retail Sales Associate Position Type Temporary
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered for employment.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.