Monarch is a collection of top local and regional landscape companies. Our mission is to be the best place to work for landscape professionals. We believe that by retaining and attracting the best talent in the industry, we can provide the best service to our customers.
The Branch Manager and will be responsible for the leadership and management of assigned Area Managers, and includes the administration of financial performance, asset utilization, customer retention, and profitability objectives. This is a senior management position, and is a development role for the Branch Operations Manager position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Constant customer interaction and follow-up, to ensure satisfaction surrounding service, and to develop existing and potential relationships
- Responsible for the hiring, training and development of personnel.
- Ability to display the highest level of leadership, professionalism and integrity at all times
- Review and monitor equipment maintenance programs and recommend capital investments
- Ensure timely and effective action is taken on all sales lead opportunities
- Develop and maintain an effective interface between sales, operations and customers to ensure successful on-boarding and retention of new business
- Assist with drafting annual budgets and monthly financial projections
- Meet or exceed assigned financial and sales goals
- Conduct supervisor performance evaluations
- Direct supervision of management level employees
- Indirect supervision production level employees
- High level decision making authority, requiring frequent independent deliberation
- Problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Landscape Architecture or Horticulture, or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven years of experience in the commercial landscape industry, five of which in management level positions.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to speak effectively, present information and answer questions before employees and clients
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Intermediate to advanced math
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, etc
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule format
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- As required by state and federal law
- Valid driver license issued by the state where employed
- Certified Landscape Technician (CLT) and/or other relevant licenses a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop, motivate and inspire a team
- Experience working the commercial property managers a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Monarch Landscaping OR, LLC is an E-Verify participating employer.