Job Title: Brand Champion - Service
National Hospitality Services, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients, and employees with a passion for results.Job Overview
The Brand Champion - Service works at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests while partnering with the hotel General Manager to ensure every guest has an outstanding experience. This person is required to work evening shift to be able to impact the most guests. The Brand Champion Service will be the cheerleader of NHS, the brand and an above and beyond service experience for our guests.Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Attend all required training and update calls as required by the Strategy team.
- Complete all Brand training related to guest service, Elite members and rewards programs.
- Pull arrivals list from the PMS
- Complete room assignments for Elite Members
- Prepare Welcome Gifts for Elite Members
- Use Service Recovery toolkit to overcome disappointments in service
- Use Service Delights toolkit to provide surprise appreciation to guests
- Cheerlead, coach and support associates in their efforts to provide outstanding guest service
- Work with General Manager to train and audit the use of check in and check out scripts by all Guest Service Representatives
- Perform all check in and check out duties for every guest
- Manage online and phone reservations
- Provide outstanding guest service to all guests, welcoming new arrivals, providing information about the hotel and collecting all necessary information including payment and stay information
- Upsell additional facilities and services when appropriate
- Partner with housekeeping team to ensure all rooms are clean and ready for guest check in
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees as directed
- Block arriving reservations of all groups, pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on envelope, assuring a smoother check-in as directed
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guests quickly and with a smile
- Document all guest requests, concerns and communicate information to responsible associate for proper handling
- Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company information, correspondence reports and files
- Care for lost and found items as directed by the General Manager
- Under all circumstances, reaches towards calmness, tact and creativity to ensure the continued confidence of the public and co-workers
- Assist in maintaining a workplace that is comfortable, clean, and fun
- Lead by example, follows direction and ensures all aspects of the operation are met and delivered
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be energetic, friendly, and extremely motivated to provide above and beyond experiences for all guests
- Able to complete additional training as needed to ensure full understanding of NHS Service Culture and the brand
- Team player willing to support, mentor and coach other team members and departments for the good of the hotel
- Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer and learn new systems and software as needed.
- Perform moderate physical requirements including, but not limited to, standing 95% or more of a normal 8-hour work shift
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.