Job DetailsJob Location
Earth Fare - Summerville - Summerville, SCPosition Type
$11.50 - $14.50 HourlyJob Shift
Responsible for upholding Earth Fares Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. Works independently and in a team to ensure the daily baking of muffins, cookies, Danishes and croissants for the dry case and sales floor is completed based upon production guidelines. Will open and close the Bakery Department and is responsible for providing exceptional customer service at all times.Essential Functions
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Production: Responsible for baking muffins, cookies, Danishes and croissants. Monitors the Bakery Manager Production Level list and takes necessary steps to fulfill production requirements. Sets and maintains baked goods case and sales floor to include product, signage, and rotation for freshness.
- Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service at the bakery counter and other areas as needed. Turns ovens and other equipment on and off as required. Scoops batter for muffins, cookies and breakfast items to prepare for the following days production. Packages dry case items to move baked good to sales floor. Wraps pastry trays to ensure proper freshness and storage. Slices bread for customers as needed. Participates in scheduled inventory counts, attends required department and store meetings, and performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by the Bakery Manager.
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Bakery Manager.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary production duties within the bakery.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Bakery Manager and other store management.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (mixers, slicers, ovens, etc.).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment program.
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior.
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- Previous experience baking or cooking in a restaurant, bakery or catering environment preferred.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.Environmental Conditions
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the work day.