Purchaser/Buyer, Birmingham - HybridGlobal CTS are recruiting for a fabulous opportunity for a candidate with experience working as a Buyer, to make their mark in our purchasing team.In return we offer:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous annual bonus scheme
- Hybrid and flexible work
- Generous enhanced pension option
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Growth opportunities: our group is growing fast, we are looking for dynamic and motivated individuals to shape it with us!
An industrial solutions global supplier of industrial metal and plastic finishing chemistries who, primarily design and manufacture chemical systems that protect and decorate surfaces. The industrial customer base is highly diverse and includes customers in the following end markets: appliances and electronics equipment; automotive parts; industrial parts; plumbing goods; construction equipment and transportation equipment. Job Purpose
- Administration of MRP, place orders with suppliers, chase delivery of goods to ensure on time supply to production processes
- Develop relationships with suppliers, monitor costs & identify potential new suppliers
- Lead supplier development activities and administer supplier corrective action requests (SCAR's)
- Act to maintain the lowest sustainable purchasing costs and improve terms of business with suppliers
- Provide purchasing data to the business to support improvement initiatives
- Ordering of necessary goods and services
- Follow up of purchase orders to ensure on time delivery and expediting late/urgent deliveries.
- Administer and run MRP process. Make sure data within SAP system is set correctly and maintained.
- Administer supplier corrective action requests (SCAR's)
- Support implementation global and regional sourcing strategies
- Discover lower cost sources of supply and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms (lead times, payment terms etc)
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure materials are purchased to suitable specifications and obtaining any other required documentation.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
- Sourcing of new materials to support product change requests. Review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
Experience and Competencies
- 3 to 5 years purchasing experience, ideally in a chemicals or materials related field
- Experience using a computer based ordering system (preferably SAP)
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to "read" the market, analyse macro-level information and assess opportunities and risks
- Able to build and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
Global CTS Limited
No terminology used in this job description is intended to discriminate against a person's age, race, religion, gender, marital status, colour, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate is only assessed on their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job described above.