The Lead Cashier crafts a memorable experience for all guests in their outlet by performing tasks with a guest focused attitude. The Lead Cashier is responsible for training other cashiers, maintaining the front of the house, processing transactions, maintaining inventory, and delegating tasks as appropriate to cashiers while providing excellent customer service. Job Responsibilities
- Accurately operate a register/POS and handle cash and credit card transactions
- Greet and assist customers while delivering excellent customer service and anticipating their needs
- Schedule and delegate work assignments to team and coordinate the completion of tasks
- Train and guide staff members in customer services, cash handling, product knowledge and other application processes and procedures
- Make change for all cashiers and verify bag deposits
- Count, organize and balance cash drawer, fill out the cashier slip and make deposits
- Adhere to Aramarks cash handling policies and procedures
- Follow opening and closing procedures of unit or station based on operating hours
- Ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels and replenishes and arranges items as needed to maintain location inventory
- Assist in clean up and location sanitation during operating hours and at the end of service.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Qualifications
- Requires previous customer service experience
- Requires previous cash handling experience
- Requires basic math & counting skills
- Experience in a supervisory or related role preferred
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Able to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must follow the required dress code as assigned and in line with workplace policies
- Complete Food Handling training and alcohol service training as required
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Education About Aramark Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. About Aramark
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.