RETAIL CASHIER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Retail Cashier is an important position within Staff of Life Natural Foods representing the store daily. The Retail Cashier should be professional, courteous, knowledgeable and able to communicate with all types. The ideal candidate is expected to perform all cash register functions, bagging duties, light stocking and product facing while keeping the front end clean and presentable.
Cashiers are responsible for providing fast, friendly, and accurate "check out" to our customers. They will greet and assist customers in locating products in the store and by bagging their purchases. Cashiers will operate computerized cash register systems to weigh, scan, and process transactions. Qualified candidates will assist in the cleaning of the check stands and surrounding areas as well as any other tasks assigned by management. They will also take "return" products back to the proper shelf locations.RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs.
- Follow all cash handling procedures
- Efficiently and accurately process register transactions while providing the highest standards of customer service
- Cover all CIT duties
- Bag groceries efficiently and in a friendly manner
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
- Properly attend to all unsold, returned, damaged, or left behind items, with specific attention to perishable items
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or front end lead
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to learn about natural and organic foods, terms, and products
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters
The policy of Staff of Life is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in the area of non-discrimination in employment. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years or older), military and veteran status is prohibited.