Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 , Washington State employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination as part of the hiring process, prior to their start date. Requests for medical and religious exemptions will be considered. If you have questions, please contact with " COVID-19 vaccination " in the subject line. Keeping Washington Clean and Evergreen
The Financial Services Division
within the Department of Ecology is looking to fill a Cashiering Lead (Fiscal Analyst 4)
position. This position is locatedin our Headquarters Office in Lacey, WA .
In this role, you will oversee the receipt and transactions of all monies that come to Ecology and get to learn a bit about each program in the agency. This is a great position to gain lead work experience.
The Revenue and Receivables Unit is located within the Fiscal Office. The Fiscal Office and Budget Office make up the Financial Services Division (FSD). The FSD is one of six administrative divisions that serve Ecology. The FSD's core work is to manage the agency's financial resources and support agency planning so the agency can meet environmental goals and strategic priorities. FSD provides centralized financial support in accounting, budget, contracts, purchasing, and inventory. The result is Ecology managers, the Governor, State Auditor, Office of Financial Management, and the Legislature have confidence in Ecology and our financial information, and can use it to make crucial decisions affecting the environment.During Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery,
employees are working a combination of in-office and/or telework based on position and business need. This position is expected to work in the office Monday - Friday.
Ecology is following current state guidance regarding mask requirements, health screening questions before entry, and social distancing. Application Timeline:
This position will remain open until filled, with a next screening date of August 26, 2022
. In order to be considered for the next screening, please submit an application on or before of August 25, 2022
. The agency reserves the right to make an appointment any time after the initial screening date. About the Department of Ecology
Protecting Washington State's environment for current and future generations is what we do every day at Ecology. We are a culture that is invested in making a difference. Join a team that is highly effective and collaborative, with leadership that embraces the value of people.
Ecology cares deeply about employee wellness; we go beyond traditional benefits, proudly offering:
Our commitment to DEIR
- A healthy life/work balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for most positions.
- An Infants at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of infant-parent bonding and breastfeeding newborns.
- Continuous growth and development opportunities.
- A wellness program that offers education, fitness classes, and an agency-wide fondness for outdoor meetings.
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect (DEIR)
are core values central to Ecology's work. We strive to be a workplace where we are esteemed for sharing our authentic identities, while advancing our individual professional goals and collaborating to protect, preserve, and enhance the environment for current and future generations. Diversity
: We celebrate and appreciate diversity; our unique perspectives and abilities enrich us all and lead to innovative approaches and solutions.Equity
: We champion equity, recognizing that each of us need different things to thrive.Inclusion
: We intentionally create and hold space so that we all have meaningful opportunities to participate and contribute to Ecology's work.Respect
: We treat each other with respect and dignity, acknowledging the inherent worth of our diverse perspectives and lived experiences, even in times of uncertainty and disagreement.
We believe that DEIR is both a goal and an action. We are on a journey, honoring our shared humanity and taking steps to demonstrate our commitment to a vision where each of us is heard, seen, and valued. DutiesWhat makes this role unique?
You will be the lead of two Fiscal Analyst 2 cashiers and will proof and release all of the receipts of the day in accordance with the 24 hour rule of deposits. You will work with the program staff and the public on helping them with a variety of questions and concerns.What you will do:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Distribute the checks
- Proof the A-8 receipts, JV's and refunds
- Reconcile the in process reports
- Reconcile the suspense accounts
- Prepare various types of special refunds
- Assist in training the cashiers
A total of Eight (8) years of experience and/or education as described below: Professional level Experience:
must include four years of state accounting experience and Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook; such as creating templates, using fields and formulas, and creating pivot tables.Education:
from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, public administration, or closely related discipline, with a minimum of 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, or budgeting.
Experience and education combinations that meet the requirements for this position: Possible Combinations College credit hours or degree - as described above Years of required experience - as described above
Must have at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college-level accounting.
8 years of experience
30-59 semester or 45-89 quarter credits, which includes at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college-level accounting.
7 years of experience
60-89 semester or 90-134 quarter credits (AA degree), which includes at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college-level accounting.
6 years of experience
90-119 semester or 135-179 quarter credits, which includes at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college-level accounting.
5 years of experience
A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college-level accounting.
4 years of experience Special Requirements/Conditions of Employment:
Employee must read, sign, and abide by the Financial Services/Fiscal Office Agreement on Confidential Information (Part A), Internal Control Responsibility (Part B), and Safeguarding and Preventing Misuse of Ecology's Data (Part C). Desired Qualifications:
We highly encourage you to apply even if you do not have some (or all) of the desired experience below.
- 30 quarter or 20 semester hours of college-level accounting.
- State of Washington enterprise systems for accounting and reporting (AFRS, Enterprise Reporting-standard and Web Intelligence).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, work collaboratively with, and present complex financial material to all levels of management and staff.
Having some (or all) of this desired experience may make your application more competitive in a highly competitive applicant pool.Supplemental InformationEcology seeks diverse applicants:
We view diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect through a broad lens including race, ethnicity, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status, military background, language, education, life experience, physical disability, neurodiversity, and intersectional identities. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Need an Accommodation
in the application and/or screening process or this job announcement in an alternative format?
- Please call: or email: and we will be happy to assist.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can reach the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1- .
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please e-mail . Please do not send an email to this address to follow-up on the status of your application. You can view the latest status of your application on your profile's main page.
- If you are reading this announcement in print format , please enter the following URL to your search engine to apply: .
It's in the applicant's best interest to submit all of the documents listed below.
Applications without these documents may be declined.
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in this position.
- Your college transcript (official or unofficial) that lists completed college-level accounting credits and demonstrates you meet the minimum college-level accounting credit requirement. ..... click apply for full job details