We Are Hiring:
PRN Float Pool - shifts/hours as needed
Monday - Friday
Hours are not guaranteed.
Positions will float around to various clinics in the Mt Juliet area.
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Credentialing body must require: 1) examination to obtain credential and 2) continuing education to maintain certification; approved credentialing bodies include, but may not be limited to: AMT, NHA, NCCT, NAHP and AAMA.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.