This recruitment is open to all applicantsAlaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA)are recruiting for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Investment Accountant) located in Anchorage.
This position is responsible for leveraging AIDEA programs and Operational Team to foster public and private investment for Alaska in-state projects. The COO reports directly to the CEO/Executive Director of AIDEA, is a member of the Executive Leadership Team, and oversees infrastructure development, asset management, procurement, and information technology.E ssential Functions:
Physical Requirements and Potential Hazards:
- Works closely with the CEO/Executive Director and the other members of the Management Team in setting the overall direction for the Authority to achieve its mission and to ensure effective internal communications, planning, management, and operations.
- Serves as the Chief Procurement Officer for the Authority by providing direction and oversight of the procurement function including developing and directing procurement processes consistent with state and federal laws.
- Leverages AIDEA programs to foster public and private investment for Alaska in-state projects.
- Serves on the project evaluation and investment committee, as needed.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders for the growth and development of large-scale business, industry, and/or development projects to enhance self-reliance at a local level.
- Responsible for operational direction, decisions, and management of the Operating Groups.
- Supports the CEO/Executive Director in working with the Authority's Board of Directors.
- Together with the CEO/Executive Director and the Management Team, is responsible for initiating and leading short and long-term strategic planning to improve mission and organizational effectiveness for the Authority.
- Responsible for creating and supporting interdisciplinary project teams for the Operating Groups.
- Provides advice, suggestions and recommendations to the CEO/Executive Director and the Management Team for necessary changes for improvements to internal systems and processes and in the implementation of Authority policies and procedures.
- Conducts regular internal staff meetings within the Operating Groups to ensure completion and accomplishment of Authority goals and action plans.
- Uses expertise in team building to achieve excellence in performance.
- Uses expertise in project evaluation to guide staff in the Operating Groups in the execution of projects.
- Works with key staff in the Operating Groups in setting operational goals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands or fingers; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.TECHNOLOGY, EQUIPMENT, SYSTEMS, AND TOOLS
Requires intermediate to advanced skills in word processing, database software, advanced spreadsheet software, email, and general office equipment.CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Significant executive management skill and experience is mandatory. Experience in strategic planning, setting of goals and performance standards, and implementing operational approaches is required. Individual must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Individual must be able to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects. This position requires a high degree of independent action.Minimum Qualifications
A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in project development and finance. That experience should include successful efforts in due diligence, project analysis, financial and project structuring and project execution. The candidate's experience should also demonstrate progressive responsibilities with a private/public marketplace capacity, specifically managing an executive team, budget, and capital tools. Preference will be given to candidates with a law degree or MBA in business or related field, or significant experience as a COO or other senior management position.Additional Required Information
Please submit a completed AIDEA/AEA job application form to
. Your application will be closely reviewed to determine if the minimum qualifications are clearly met.
A copy of the current position description, with the distinguishing characteristics for the different levels, and the job application form can be found at AEA's website: EEO STATEMENT
The State of Alaska complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals with disabilities, who require accommodation, auxiliary aides or services, or alternative communication formats, please call 1- or in Juneau or TTY: Alaska Relay 711 or 1- or correspond with the Division of Personnel & Labor Relations at: P.O. Box 110201, Juneau, AK 99. The State of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer.Contact InformationHuman Resources
Mailing Address: 813 West Northern Lights Blvd, Anchorage, AK 99503