Job Title: Circuit Desk Analyst
Job type: Full Time, Permanent.
Since 1990, TNS has been a preferred supplier of networking and integrated data services to many leading organizations in the global payments and financial communities, as well as a provider of extensive telecommunications network solutions to service providers.
TNS manages some of the largest real-time data communication networks in the world, enabling industry participants to simply, securely and reliably interact and transact with other businesses, to access the data and applications they need, over managed and secure communications platforms. TNS' existing footprint supports millions of connections and provides access to critical databases. TNS' network securely blends private and public networking to enable customers to utilize a single connection for "one-to-many" and "many-to-many" connections over a global platform.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to become an integral member of TNS' global network support function. You will be part of an internal support team providing first line support, partner escalation and incident management across the TNS network. You will be responsible for the monitoring and support of our global WAN, partner interconnects and customer circuits, geared to providing high availability, timely resolution, and quality assurance.
Working closely with your peers you will provide reactive assistance to a diverse range of incidents or issues in order to meet service availability SLAs. Working on a shift rota providing 24 x 7 x 365 operational support, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and management of the TNS core IP network
- All partner interconnects.
- Fixed line customer circuits delivered via global partners.
- Provide an internal escalation point for the resolution of issues on circuits
- Responsible for monitoring the health of network connectivity and performance and logging of all service incidents in the incident management system
- Working all assigned tickets through to resolution, whilst providing timely escalation, communication and updates through the lifecycle of the incident ticket
- Engagement and management of 3rd party organisations in support of any given service incident
- Post incident impact analysis / support
- Support of change management activities
- Working closely with internal technical support groups in the effective management of ongoing service incidents
- Analytical approach to fault-finding with proven ability to diagnose problems
- Tenacious and inquisitive in investigating and applying corrective action.
- Good personal organizational and developed time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional working attitude
- Experience in a Technical Support/Net Ops environment
- Working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst/ASR/ISR and familiarity with F5 and Juniper.
- Experience of managing traffic with routing protocols (namely BGP, IS-IS, EIGRP,OSPF,IPSEC)
- Experience in dealing with issues and transmission at layers 1 - 3 (including 2.5)
- Working knowledge of Remedy, SolarWinds, Splunk, ThousandEyes, Netreo - Desirable
- ITIL knowledge / foundation certification - Desirable
- Competitive salary (Varies depending on experience)
- 25 days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Friendly and supportive team culture
- Optional Private Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Free Parking
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st/2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 will also be considered for this role.