Claims Adjuster (TP Damage Only)An award-winning commercial underwriting company is currently seeking a Claims Adjuster (Third Party Damage only) to join their well-established team in Chelmsford.
The company has grown significantly over the last few years and now writes in excess of £120 million gross premium in the UK & Ireland.
All facets of the business have won key awards over the last few years and are continuing their upward trajectory, with the hope for achievements to continue.
They have their own internal claims teams, who prefer to be considered as customer service teams who deal with claims. They have either won or been shortlisted consistently at industry awards and Customer Service awards every year since they were established.
My client appreciates that sustainable growth can only be achieved with forward planning, so, in line with their growth plans, they are now seeking a new Claims Adjuster (TP damage only) to join them.
- To pro-actively manage all aspects of a third-party damage-only claim from notification through to conclusion.
- Provide excellent claims handling service with minimal leakage, in accordance with company procedures and service standards.
- Ensure that claim reserves, payments and Large Movement Reports are calculated correctly and in accordance with company procedures and service standards.
- Investigate and resolve claims in a professional timely and pro-active manner.
- Manage and exceed customer expectations and prioritise work to resolve any disputes that may arise in the settlement of a claim.
- To create accurate Claims Management System records
- Identify own training needs and to seek appropriate training to meet own performance targets
- To ensure quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard
- Where appropriate, attend in house and client review meetings
- To assist with both internal & external auditing
- To undertake projects and to be able to deliver within agreed timescales
- In-depth knowledge of the Road Traffic Act
- Solid understanding of Small and Multitrack litigation process.
- Capable of investigating and negotiating liability disputes
- Capable of negotiation credit hire and property damage claims
- Understanding of the Motor Insurers Bureau
- Awareness of fraud tactics (identification, validation, and handling)
- Capable of managing multiple work streams and working within time scales and directed by the Court or line manager
- Identify claims with the potential for financial deterioration
- Where required to act as a referral point for more inexperienced members of the department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organises own work effectively with a positive attitude
Required Experience:12 months or more experience In return, you will receive:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Ongoing training and development
- Support with qualifications (e.g., CII exams)
- Regular social events including monthly lunch
Job type: Full time, permanent Workinghours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Location: Office based, Chelmsford Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)