MedStar Health PT - Wheaton
Clinic Director PT - Physical Therapist - Outpatient
The Clinic Director is an individual who functions and is designated as the site administrator. As the Clinic Director, where applicable, he/she is responsible for initial evaluation, reevaluation, treatment planning, and treatment implementation. He/she responsible for efficient daily operation of the clinic/service line. The Clinic Director is responsible to promote proper and efficient utilization of quality services and program development; helps develop and maintain systems to increase referrals and programmatic growth; where applicable, collaborates with and effectively responds to digital marketing strategies; catalyzes communication with local physicians, other medical staff, and program/service stakeholders across the care continuum to promote improved patient service across communities. He/she provides leadership and supervision of associates to distinguish the clinic/service line as a preferred provider in the region.
Education/Training: Degree in Occupational, Physical Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology. Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational, Physical therapy, or Speech Language Pathology.
Experience: Four (4) to five (5) years clinical experience in a rehabilitation setting preferred. Two (2) years significant supervisory experience preferred. Program and staff development experience preferred.
License/Certification/Registration: Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), and/or Virginia licensure required as deemed necessary for your specific location(s). American Heart Association's BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Professional competency as a general practitioner in occupational, physical therapy or speech language pathology; Demonstrates leadership skills including coaching, planning, directing, evaluating and motivating associates; Utilizes data and performance improvement to solve problems and improve processes; Demonstrates competence in the enhancement of an environment that enhances excellent customer service. Able to work in a team environment; Takes initiative in following through with all procedures and policies; effective communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Assists in promoting MedStar Health Integrated Delivery System by facilitation of the rehabilitation continuum of care for the patients we serve that supports the regional strategies.
- Provides evaluation and treatment services including review of pertinent history information, performance of specific assessments, and determination of recommendations and documentation of results. Explains evaluation findings and treatment plan to patient and family and incorporates patient and family in the goals setting. Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of treatment protocols. Consults with other healthcare professionals as indicated. Documents changes in patient's condition.
- Completes appropriate discharge planning and follow-up care. Accurately and timely documents and charges for patient care activities in light of our evolving health care environment, painting a clear picture of the patient's course of care including focused initial evaluation/plan of care that establishes baseline and goals, encounter notes, interim progress summaries, and discharge evaluation.
- Takes initiative in pursuing and directing continuing education for professional growth and competency for self and organization. Assures that associates are engaged in their own personal growth and advantage the Environment of Learning and other educational opportunities offered throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates a professional commitment to provide frictionless patient access to care through flexibility, adaptability, creativity, and actions/behaviors that display empathy in our patient consumer driven environment. Ensures that customer focused services are delivered across the rehabilitation continuum to patients, families, and referrers
- Independently manages the daily operations with a consistent focus to great access to care. This includes but is not limited to assuring appropriate staffing, controlling expenses, managing patient schedules, and assuring efficient processes are in place to support the team members and customers. Conducts regular peer reviews and provides regular feedback to team members on documentation and charging practice compliance. Completes and/or contributes to the development of corrective action plans.
- Coordinates selection, coaching, orientation, mentoring and goal setting to promote improved team members performance and quality care enhancement. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and conducts performance management including managing poor performers effectively as well as recognizes top performances. Conducts performance appraisals timely.
- Prepares budgets in collaboration with leadership and Finance. Is responsible to analyze reports and manage expenses and to promote revenue to assure to operate within the budget parameters. Meets or exceeds productivity, charging and financial targets for the clinic/service(s).
- Assists in the business design and development. Develops and implements clinical programs that are cost effective and value added. Catalyzes communication and collaboration with physicians, and other program/service stakeholders, across the care continuum as applicable, promoting improved programming, integration of indicated therapy to promote value driven care and best practice in transitions in care for patients across our communities. Works closely with Business Development to market the programs and services to targeted referrers as well as promote community relationships. Collaborates with and effectively responds to digital marketing strategies to promote market capture and improved patient access to the region's best care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees, and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Not sure if you're ready to apply? To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Craig Harbert via email at Craig.S.Harbert@ or at 202-531-1123.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.