In-Shape Club Custodians are passionate about fitness and keeping our clubs clean and safe for our members. This part-time role is a perfect opportunity to start a career in the fitness industry. Our Club Custodians deliver the signature In-Shape Member Experience by providing a clean, safe, and maintained club environment for all members. The right candidate will thrive as they interact positively and professionally with staff, members, prospective members and guests while monitoring club cleanliness, safety, and maintenance standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain a safe environment through correct implementation of safety policies and procedures
- Utilize specialized tools to perform deep clean and disinfectant job duties
- Responsible for following and adhering to the In-Shape Clean Approach
- Maintain cleanliness record keeping through Job Cards and communication logs
- Assist in daily upkeep of club amenities
- Assist in building our In-Shape community of members through a consistent member experience
- Attend In-Shape team meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS - HERE'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Basic fitness experience and passion
- Pool Maintenance experience a plus
- Effectively communicate (verbal and writing skills) in English
- Lift and carry up to 45 lbs.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Flexible/positive attitude in meeting and exceeding our members expectations
- Work well under pressure and time constraints and displays positive behavior in all member contacts
- Attend and participate in required meetings and trainings as needed
- Willing and able to work a flexible shift: overnight, weekends, and holidays
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Current CPR or ability to pass CPR certification within 60 days of hire date
IN-SHAPE TEAM PERKS:
- Free health club membership
- Casual work environment
- Discount on in club retail items and any current vendor partner offerings (NASM, etc)
- Opportunity for growth; professional development
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to walk and stand up to 8 hours/day; sitting is seldom to occasional. Team members may be exposed to cleaning chemicals or airborne particles and will be required to wear designated PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as directed. Team members are occasionally required to use hands and fingers for handle or feel; occasional reach, push and pulling with arms and hands; occasional climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and occasional reach and twist, including side-to-side movements. The team member may be required to occasionally lift, carry or move up to 25 pounds and may seldom be required to lift, carry or move 26-50 pounds.
During the COVID-19 pandemic: All In-Shape Team Members may be required to assist with greeting members to perform temperature checks and health screens, ensure members practice physical distancing and monitor cleaning of equipment after each use. Detailed instructions will be provided at time of hire.
In-Shape Team Members will be required to comply with company policies regarding the use of PPE (personal protective equipment), by following instructions and outlined safety guidelines, to protect our team and club members. Club Safety training and equipment will be provided. Team Members are to report to management, or designated team member, any safety risks or potential risks identified in the work environment.