All great things start somewhere, and here at VolkerWessels UK they start with you. We're looking for capable, down-to-earth people with an appetite for exciting challenges.
The role of the Data Architect is to lead strategic and complex data engagements aligning business strategy, needs or challenges with IT strategy through technology outcomes.
Working with the Head of Technology Service, CIO and CDO, key responsibilities will include defining the data architecture framework, standards, and principles as well as delivering a corporate data strategy. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- Designing data architecture solutions that are in line with long-term business objectives
- Developing data management projects that move a company closer to its future goals
- Designing a data infrastructure that supports complex data analytics services
- Define and own the data platform architecture and the VWUK data strategy
- Defining reference architecture patterns that others can follow to create and improve data systems
- Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors
- Defining the architecture, components, modules, interfaces, and data for a system to satisfy specific business requirements
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations
- Work with our companies to understand their business drivers and tailor the optimal solution
- Technical working experience as a data architect
- Must have a strong technical background in data architecture and design, ideally with a strong experience in information architecture
- Strong experience in working with an Azure based data platform, PowerBI and SQL
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and tools.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analysing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- The ability to conceptualise holistic architecture solutions that address the needs of an organisation as a whole
- Innovative thinking to devise solutions that address the gap between business needs and technological constraints
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of equality, diversity and inclusion. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive. Location