About Us Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. Were proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is on the list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a month
, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Assist customers by providing over-the-counter service and customer service throughout the deli department. Operates and maintains the deli production areas, frying foods, operating the rotisserie oven, etc. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements Ability to:
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Takes orders, answers questions and performs suggestive selling.
- Stocks, straightens and rotates the deli full serve cases and hot food cases as well as the deli freezer sections, self-serve, dry goods, cheese island and bread shelve display areas.
- Prepares sandwiches, salads, etc. reading recipes, following instructions, mixing, washing, assembling, packaging product in containers, etc.
- Fries food by getting the product from refrigerator or freezer, unpacking product, breading selected products, dropping product in shortening, setting timers ,stirring, draining, packing products in the reach-in-case, placing trays in the closed hot case, etc.
- Prepares rotisserie products by marinating, seasoning, skewering, loading / unloading the product from the oven, packing or delivering to the correct location, disposing waste oils, etc.
- Handles frozen product.
- Prepares case by putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Displays items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, cooler, repacking & over wrapping, weighing / pricing product out, and placing in the desired location.
- Writes out and prepares deli tray and special orders.
- Writes production list after looking at product amounts still on shelf.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment such as fryers, slicers, etc. by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; cleans floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product and orders.
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Understands and follows all food safety procedures and requirements.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 5:00 am to 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity, speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g., knives) and work aides.
- Complete training course and meet minimum time standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Wear hair net, beard net and gloves and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist, turn and reach over the counter and in tight areas frequently.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and reach, push and pull racks.
- Handle refrigerated goods (-20F to 28F)
- Work around machinery emitting heat (400F rotisserie and 325F hot shortening).
- Demonstrate knowledge of product content and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and government regulations.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
- Film over wrapper, digital scales, etc.
- Knives and other kitchen utensils.
- Electric Slicers
- Deep fryers, ovens, etc.
- Oil filtering machine
- Trash compactor
- Cardboard bailer
- Hand, pallet jack
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
EEO/Inclusivity As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.