A great opportunity has become available for a Delivery Driver (Part-Time) to join a regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles based in Portsmouth. You will join them on a part-time, permanent basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of£16,364 per annum, based on 30 hours a week (£10.49 P/H).
The company is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England.
About the role:
As the Delivery Driver (Part-Time), you will be working on the Portsmouth City Council Housing Maintenance and Corporate Asset Contract, delivering materials to operatives and subcontractors within the Portsmouth Area. You will be based at the primary supplier's depot working closely with the delivery service team. Your prime responsibilities will be delivering materials and van stock replenishments to operatives and subcontractors at various properties in and around the city of Portsmouth at the time required by the customer (Operative). You will be responsible for ensuring deliveries are correct and all job information and paperwork is updated for each delivery.
To succeed in this role, it is essential you completely understand the end to end process of delivering the perfect repair for the customer, your role in the process and the responsibilities of others in that process.
Benefits you will receive:
- An annual salary of £16,364 based on 30 hours a week (£10.49 P/H)
- Up to 36 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Life Assurance
Key responsibilities as the Delivery Driver (Part-Time) will include:
- Being a team player supporting the Materials Resource team and other delivery drivers whilst between deliveries/collections to help load and unload materials, and Buddying up when there are large deliveries or heavy items
- Keeping everyone informed of the best routes for deliveries/collections especially when there are roadworks or road accidents
- Supporting the Materials Supervisor in ensuring the picking area is always kept clean and tidy, and to assist keeping the tools and equipment area tidy, this is to include helping with distributing out and booking back in any tools which have been out on hire.
What the company are looking for in their Delivery Driver (Part-Time):
- Have a full driving licence (must have no more than 6 points on licence)
- GCSE or Equivalent Qualification in Maths and English
- Previous experience driving a Long Wheelbase vehicle and lifting heavy goods
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our clients Delivery Driver (Part-Time) then please click "apply" now - We'd love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme. They are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.