Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone , and interact with us on LinkedIn , Glassdoor , Indeed , Facebook , Twitter , YouTube and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Dental Assistant/*School Health* Brooklyn.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides supportive services to the dentist and/ or dental hygienist who is performing the services and/or procedures in all areas of dentistry (General and Specialty practice). The dental assistant will perform duties within the Dental School Health Program network as well as perform duties at FHC sites (as needed). The assistant will float between dental school health and FHC site locations based on operational needs. FHC scheduled hours for the assistant may fluctuate based on operational needs. Bilingual Spanish or Chinese required.
- Provides chairside assistance to the dental provider, utilizing proper four-handed dentistry techniques while observing universal precautions/protocols and sterile techniques.
- Inform Facilities Coordinator of any equipment issues/ problems.(School Based Dental Sites).
- Fill out and send list of supplies needed at the end of each day (School Based Dental Sites).
- Maintain professional interactions and relationships with school administration and staff.(School Based Dental Sites).
- Maintain all compliance logs required (School Based Dental Sites).
- Compliance with organizations policies and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area
- Pours and trims patient study model impressions taken by the dentist and completes laboratory forms accurately (FHC sites)
- Documents patient records as dictated by dentist. Assists the dentist in filling out charts accurately and processing the patients forms and records either manually or utilizing the Electronic Dental Record system.
- Sterilizes and/or disinfects equipment, instruments and hand pieces following guidelines of the Dental Department Infection Control Manual and manufacturer instruction for use.
- Cleans instruments and prepares them for sterilization/ transportation as per policy.
- Prepares the patient for treatment by seating the patient, obtaining records, and apply protective garb and assures patients comfort while waiting for the dentist.
- Sets-up and breakdowns dental operatory following all infection control guidelines. Maintains the dental operatory in an organized and clean fashion. Assures that appropriate instruments and supplies are available for patient care
- Takes, exposes, develops and mounts radiographs in accordance with guidelines.
- Prepares instruments, materials and medicaments to be used by the provider as needed/requested.
- Assumes the standards of care related to infection control; ensure NYU IPC, OSHA guidelines, Joint Commission guidelines & safety are upheld at the station they are assigned.
- To qualify you must have a High School Diploma
- 1 year experience of chairside dental assisting
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Electronic Dental Record System
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit .htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .