Diesel Engine Validation Engineer
Up to £37.50/hr - Inside IR35
Stafford/Remote - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 5000 Series diesel product development activity.
This role involves validation of new diesel engine technology and systems, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
The successful applicants must be flexible as the role involves working on a wide variety of projects within a small multi skilled team:
- Mechanical verification and validation of diesel engine components and systems.
- Defining and managing component validation plans.
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity.
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods.
- Technical reporting.
- Conducting all work to operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance.
- Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Engineering degree or other equivalent qualification/experience.
- Understanding of engine validation.
- Experience in writing validation plans and work/test instructions.
- Familiar with the 8D method and root cause analysis tools (e.g. 5-whys, fishbone, FMEA, etc.).
- Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, turbocharging, lubrication, air etc
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. CANape, CANcase, etc.).
- Excellent organisation, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- High standard of written technical reporting.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.