We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education. Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see . What you'll do here:
Infosec is seeking an ambitious, results-driven Director of Brand Marketing with extensive experience in communications, media relations and brand strategy. With a deep understanding of our business, markets and clients as your guide, youll cultivate a brand identity that resonates with our community and differentiates Infosec from others in our space.
This role leads our brand strategy and budget while supporting strategic campaigns. Youll lead a team to develop and implement campaigns, cultivate media relationships and build event strategies that deepen awareness, engage audiences and cultivate Infosecs positive image. You have experience managing a seven-figure brand budget and look forward to investing in new strategies that drive company success.
You have a passion for brand building, an obsession with creativity and a dedication to craftsmanship. Youve seen our brand, already have ideas and cant wait to use your diverse skills to drive marketing results. Your Responsibilities
Brand & communications
Events & advertising
- Set the style and tone for our customer experience and maintain brand integrity and alignment across the company
- Oversee creative and asset development to ensure brand consistency across all channels and tactics
- Refine our brand architecture, including our product brands and naming conventions
Reputation & public relations
- Lead event strategy and brand execution for Infosec-hosted events and industry conferences
- Develop paid-media strategy to increase brand reach and awareness in strategic market segments
- Use your experience and skills to contribute to and help optimize strategic campaigns
- Establish and direct organic social media strategy and execution
Skills you will need here:
- Develop and implement a public relations plan
- Identify, establish and grow partnerships with strategic industry associations and thought leaders
- Grow Infosecs reputation as a leading blue-chip employer in the Midwest
- Experience working in high-growth and high-tech organizations is preferred
- 5+ years of brand management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding verbal and report presentation abilities
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and marketing best practices
Infosec, a Cengage Group company, believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. Its our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime. We've been named to Madison's Top Workplaces and Chicago's Best Places to Work, and pride ourselves on our employee culture.
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengages EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen () and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice () by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at or you may call us at +1 .
If you are a Colorado state or New York City resident, please email to receive compensation information for this role. Please be sure to include this postings job ID in the subject line of the email to help ensure a timely response. About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.