Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an E&I Work Preparator to join the Shell OMS team in Aberdeen on a fixed term staff basis.
The Work Preparator has the responsibility, accountability and authority to assemble executable work packages for the event.
The incumbent will track and monitor work orders generated from Preventive Maintenance (PM) programme or from Corrective Maintenance (CM) requests raised in CMMS (SAP).
The tasks include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Finalising the scope of work
- Prepare work instructions and acquire Discipline support, services, material and logistic for effective completion of works.
- Monitors delivery dates and notifies Scheduler and Maintenance Execution team of readiness of work packs for scheduling/execution.
- Maintain a clear overview of the date constraints continually to ensure work packs are ready for schedule.
- In the case of safety critical work orders, deviations will be raised if delay is expected.
- The incumbent interfaces with operations for work prioritization; with scheduler on parts delivery and execution readiness; integrated asset planning for bundling of activities and Discipline support.
- Work packs shall be done in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards to sustain and restore the asset's Technical Integrity and Reliability / Availability.
- Extensive experience within maintenance or operations team, or similar, in your respective discipline area.
- Desirable experience in using SAP to prepare work packages and monitor materials availability.
- Prioritisation of workload to meet deadlines.
- Skill in reading, interpreting & applying information from files, drawings, catalogues, reports & manuals.
- Must have good communicating skills clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Must be a team player and have a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.