World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit an Electronic Engineering Lab Manager subcontractor on an initial 24 month contract.
Contract Duration: 24 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £40.00ph (Umbrella)
Electronic Engineering Lab Manager Job Description:
This role is for a manager of the Electronic Engineering Labs on the Company Stevenage Site. One of the most important aspects of this role is ensuring that the Labs are compliant with MBDA ESD Policy and with BS EN 61340-5-1:2016 and maintained in a clean and functional state. This will also need to be done with an eye on health and safety management.
This role also covers management of EE's Lab assets, ensuring all equipment is maintained in good working order and calibrated at all times. At a lower level, the Lab consumable stores must also be managed, ensuring that all consumables are available as required by the Lab users.
To a lesser degree, this role also includes assisting Lab users in the set up and break down of lab equipment and providing advice and guidance to the technicians and engineers as required on lab Best Practice and any applicable policies.
This role includes a high level of networking across many functions including Electronic Engineering, Product Assurance, MBDA ESD Policy Panel, Facilities Management, SHE and Procurement.
Due to the fact that the Electronic Engineering function develops a wide range of electronic products, this role requires a basic level of capability across all areas of electronic design including Analogue/Digital, RF, Firmware and test philosophy with knowledge of the types of equipment (Scopes, DVMs, Signal Generators, etc) required within the Lab to support the development of those technologies.
- Ensuring that all EE Labs (Stevenage) comply with MBDA's ESD policies and BS EN 61340-5-
- Ensuring that all EE Labs (Stevenage) are maintained in a clean and functional state
- Owning the Health and Safety Management of the EE Labs (Stevenage)
- Custodianship and management of all assets in the EE Labs, ensuring all equipment remains
calibrated and in good order
- Identification of any Capital or low value equipment needs required for EE's lab capability
- Management of the EE Lab storage and provision of any required consumable items
- Assisting in the set-up of equipment as required to facilitate EE's Lab activities in all domains
- Providing guidance to technicians and junior engineers on lab practice & policy
- Electronic Engineering
- Product Assurance
- MBDA UK ESD Panel
- Facilities Management
- Safety, Health & Environment