Apply for this job now
Emergency Medical Technician Tier 1- Spooner
- Spooner, Wisconsin
- Job Type
- 1 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Requisition Number: 501435
About North Memorial Health
At North Memorial Health, you're part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness, and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North's culture which is designed to actively support each team member's wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
Provides basic life support care to the sick and injured and safely transports customers of all ages to a medical facility for additional care. In addition the EMT assists the paramedic in providing advanced level care within their scope of practice and training as directed by their Paramedic or RN Partner.
What we ll expect from you
• Provides compassionate basic life support care to customers of all ages at the scene and in the ambulance.
• Coordinates customer care with partner and other responders providing care.
• Inspires compassionate care by treating our customers, families, staff and others with courtesy, kindness and respect.
• Communicates customer outcomes verbally with accurate concise radio reports to the accepting hospital and to hospital staff accepting customer.
• Completes accurate written customer care record that is legible at completion of customer transport and enters customer care record into electronic record system.
• Performs operational duties to ensure worthiness and cleanliness of ambulance and equipment.
• Operates ambulance in a safe manner, obeys traffic laws and North Memorial Ambulance policy pertaining to safe driving and utilizes optimal safety precautions in all other aspects of this position.
• Takes an active role in professional development.
• Operates vehicles safely and in accordance with State law and department policies.
• Maintains minimum safety levels established by the department.
• Successfully completes all Medical Transportation Department driver s training classroom and behind-the-wheel sessions.
• Treats customers and others at the scene in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
• Complies with FCC/NMMC protocols pertaining to radio and specific channel use. Transmits clear and concise information to the dispatcher and related health care facilities.
• Ensures proper stocking and vehicle maintenance
• Checks equipment and supplies in the vehicle
• Assures adequate supply stock and cleanliness of equipment and vehicle.
• Vehicle equipment checklist and failsafe data record are used / completed per established policies and procedures.
• Reports any vehicle damage or needed repairs.
• Stocks / restocks equipment and supplies used and reports deficiencies.
• Cleans equipment and vehicle thoroughly.
• May only perform the following 4 job functions on an ALS ambulance and the EMT must be trained and approved to complete the following:
• Obtains blood draw sample when indicated by standard operating procedures.
• May attach EKG monitor / defibrillator to customer and perform manual hands-off defibrillation under direction of paramedic.
• May prepare / administer various medications under direct supervisor / observation of paramedic.
• May determine blood glucose levels under direction of paramedic using chemstrip / glucometer method.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Wear required uniform.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
• Successfully completed an EMT training program from an accredited institution required
• Must successfully complete IV and medication variance training through North Memorial Ambulance
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous ambulance experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
• Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
• Current Minnesota or Wisconsin EMT Certification upon start date.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
• Advanced EMT (AEMT) certification required for Wisconsin EMTs within 18 months of hire date or enrolled in and actively attending a Paramedic Program.
• American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS Certification upon hire or within 14 days.
• ICS-100, ICS-200 and ICS-700 or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire date. NMHC Standard
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Day/Evening/Night 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: On Premise Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Job Reference: 701154634-2
- Date Posted: 1 September 2022
- Recruiter: NORTH MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE
- Location: Spooner, Wisconsin
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent