Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance and a path to Partnership?
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of Strength SM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Tax Services Group is made up of a brilliant team of tax specialists that work to ensure tax reporting obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner and minimize or defer the payment of taxes. Their comprehensive understanding of international, US federal, state, and local regulations, counting our affiliation with HLB international, allows them to help develop economical tax strategies anywhere. Their services include Business, Individual, State & Local tax, R&D Tax Credit, as well as International and Private Client services .
As an Experienced Tax Associate based out of our Washington, DC office
, you'll work alongside an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way , promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time:
- Prepare complex individual, trust, partnership and corporate tax returns
- Research and draft memorandum involving complex tax matters
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Handle and resolve tax controversies
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines
- Provide supervision, training and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement partner and manager
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Working towards CPA license, or CPA certification (preferred)
- Having a Masters of Science in Taxation is a plus
- At least one year of prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting
- Excellent analytical and technical tax skills
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, and strong attention to detail
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.