Must have Facilities background
We are seeking to appoint an individual with experience in working in a Facilities environment to join our friendly, busy Estates and Security team based in Uxbridge. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running and general maintenance of the estate to ensure the safe and efficient running of the college facilities and provide a proactive response to customer needs. we are looking for a facilities Admin person please read job spec and if interested please send me the best cv you have and I will then call you back
the role is based in Uxbridge/ Hayes
it is paying 27k to 28k with great Benefits
Title of Post: Estates Co-Ordinator - Uxbridge
Section: Estates and Security
Reporting to: Head of Estates and Security
Hours: 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Purpose of Job:
- Responsible and accountable for the day-to-day running and general maintenance of the estate to ensure the safe and provide proactive and responsive customer service.
- Provide support for the Head and Deputy Head of Estates and Security and other members of the Estates and Security Team to provide an effective Estates and Security function for the College. Support the College initiatives on sustainability and energy conservation matters.
The principal duties are as described below but are not limited to this list. Key Accountabilities
2. Answer calls to the Facilities Helpdesk, log jobs and distribute to the relevant staff/contractors and ensure jobs are closed off on the Helpdesk system 3. Produce reports of the Helpdesk system to indicate performance levels and completion rates.
- Administration of maintenance for all services provided by the department including Buildings/M&E/Grounds/Furniture/Cleaning and Waste Management
- Raise purchase orders, planned and call off, on the Finance system
- Maintain/co-ordinate records of orders raised per supplier per budget code on an excel spreadsheet
- Obtain estimates for small works/purchases.
- Supervise contractors carrying out works on the estate to ensure compliance with specifications, good working practice, health and safety and that the quality of workmanship is good.
- Support Head of Estates and Security and liaise and coordinate with Security, Refectory, Health and Safety, Maintenance, Cleaners, ITS, etc.
- Support Head of Estates and Security with correspondence, preparation of tenders, telephone queries etc.
- Provide backup and holiday cover for members of the Estates team
b. Sustainability and energy conservation:
1) Compile monthly statistics for gas and electricity usage for parison purposes and advise of any anomalies that cause concern.
- Health and Safety:
1) Assist in ensuring that contractors on site are working safely, this may involve some inspections of work that is taking place to ensure that RAMS are being met. d. Quality
1) To ensure Quality Policy and Procedures including the Equal Opportunities Policy are effectively implemented within the College.
2) To assist in promoting and maintaining links with the HSE, SFA/EFA, relevant professional bodies, and other institutions