Our client is a global organisation who boast partnerships with many FTSE100/Fortune500 companies that helps them improve ethical and responsible business practices in their supply chain, operating in the Environmental/Social/Governance space (ESG). Due to various business challenges, they're looking for a Finance Manager to join ASAP in September on an initial 6-month fixed term contract with a view to longer term dependent on the individual. The business has a very flexible working policy, with only 1/2 days expected in their beautiful Central London offices.
The Finance Manager is a key role in the business responsible for ensuring the provision of accurate, relevant, and timely management information, including supporting the preparation of the global financial statements. You will ensure the compliance with relevant accounting standards and legislation, be the lead in ensuring the rollout and compliance of company accounting policies and asset management - particularly taken the lead on all internal and external ESG disclosures and reporting. The role will encompass all aspects of financial and management accounting within the business.
Reporting into the FD, you will be responsible for the financial operations, controls, accounting, and reporting of the business.
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc financial analysis
- Mentor a small finance team
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the UK companies and subsidiaries
- Provide variance analysis commentary to budget and forecast
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the annual year-end audit
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting preparation
- General External Regulatory Compliance reporting
- Assist with any Corporate Finance transactions, where necessary
Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with a minimum 2-year post qualification experience
- Excellent all-round management & financial accounting/auditor liaison experience
- Someone who is comfortable & experienced with working in an environment where systems are quite manual/spreadsheet based at present
- Understand latest Accounting Standards
- Ideally have some understanding of Global Tax and Transfer Pricing rules
- Able to deal with different business functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel and modelling capabilities
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Financial Force is desired but not essential