Financial Analyst (1612)at SMX(View all jobs) ()
The Financial Analyst
independently delivers services to clients through the demonstration of deep financial functional knowledge within the context of our organization. This position is 100% remote. They lead and administer the financial management of a TDL(s) under a large contract. They are responsible for all the financial activities in support of that TDL. They are members of the program management team and work with the Sr. Financial Analyst and the Program Manager in meeting the overall contract goals and objectives. They interface with TDL Project Manager, senior technical staff, as well as other functional organizations including Contracts, Subcontracts, Finance, Accounts Receivable, and Procurement. They oversee and direct work assignments of Jr. Financial Analyst who support their TDL but will not serve as a career manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Required Skills and Experience:
- Lead the development of the TDL, or small contract, cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to the TDL Project Manager. This includes Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Lead TDL Project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
- Prepare TDL Project financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify TDL Project risks and profit improvement opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working financial resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Monitor TDL and manpower cost on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number. Process incorrect cost transfers as required.
- Ensure cost reporting documentation is correct by performing TDL analytical review and arithmetic checks.
- Prepare accurate and complete TDL variance analysis and reporting.
- Monitor TDL funding status (to include subcontractor funding status), providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line-item detail as required.
- Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing (i.e. Review TDL edit file and ensure cost that will be billed are accurate and allowable against the TDL).
- Ability to build relationships across functional teams and internal Business Partners.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of excellent data management, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Possession of excellent organization skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a clearance if a program requires it
- Knowledge of all contract types (CP, T&M, FFP).
- 4-5 years of experience in an office setting
- 5 years experience with project cost control, or financial management and contract interpretation, budget development, including financial data, analysis, and reconciliation of estimations verses actuals or 4 years' experience with related degree.
- Experience and Knowledge with Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) rules and guidelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources and identify, research, and solve financial problems and program risks.
- Manage and direct work assignments of junior staff. Prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of work.
- BA or BS Degree is desired.
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.