Our client is a leading business based in Canning Town, London. They are looking for a new Financial Controller (hybrid working on offer).
This is a great opportunity for a commercially focussed accountant to develop a key role within the business, recently acquired by a private equity investor. The business has a turnover of around £16m and is profitable. There are currently around 70 staff working in the company, although due to seasonality this figure can be much higher in Spring. Part of the finance function is currently outsourced, and in addition there are two bookkeeping staff within the business. The intention is to bring the finance function inhouse, and also to integrate this with the sales administration and credit control team.
- Salary - £60K-£70K (depending on experience)
- Pension - 5%
- Death in Service Cover (3x salary)
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Possibility of some remote working
- Qualified accountant with recognised professional body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- 2 + years of relevant experience
- Self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude
- Must embrace teamwork with positive mindset
- Ability to communicate comfortably at all levels (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (MS Excel, finance systems including Sage)