£40,000 - £50,000 plus excellent benefits
Staffordshire OR Home based (with occasional office visits)
Are you a qualified accountant with experience of managing the finances of a medium business who is looking to contribute to the success of a business through best practice accountancy?
NJR Recruitment are supporting a key client, a well-established firm of loss assessors, in their search to appoint a Financial Controller at a time of growth for the business.
Strategically provide financial support to the business and operationally responsible for the finance function in all aspects of transactional and management accounting, as well as responsible for the compliance of the finance function in accordance with FSA regulations.
- Develop, improve and implement the company's business plan with associated annual budgets
- Lead the finance assistant
- Produce the monthly management accounts within 8 working days of month end
- Manage client monies and the client account in accordance with FCA requirements
- Undertake all financial transactional duties, such as sales and purchase ledgers
- Lead on the year end accounts and liaise with auditors
- Provide cash flow forecasting on a timely basis
- Complete bank reconciliations and manage the bank relationship
- Monthly provide updated forecasts and budgets
- Production of the monthly KPI pack on a timely basis
- Complete VAT returns
- Manage and process the payroll
- You will comply with all the policies, procedures and practices of the organisation and support other colleagues as required.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are liable to change to meet the needs of the business. The Partners will discuss and agree any significant changes that arise.
- Qualified accountant, either ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Experience of working with Sage 50, and ideally Sage 200
- Experience of FCA regulations
- Experience of people management
- Experience of payroll essential
Qualities and Skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to see beyond the numbers and use your finance role to assist the business strategically
- Ability to build good relationships
- Team player
- Positive outlook and engaging personality
- Drive and energy to achieve our vision
- Self-motivated, with a sense of fun
- Constantly striving for excellence
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and competing deadlines
This is fantastic role for someone wanting to work for a reputable business.
For further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting job reference NJR13131