- Position Summary
- Under close supervision of the Nutrition Services Supervisors and according to defined procedures and established schedules, performs a variety of duties normally executed in serving customers, preparing food, transporting and emptying trash receptacles, cleaning the kitchen, servery and seating areas, assisting receivers, storing stock, cashiering and checking and recording hot and cold temperatures and washing dishes.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic as required by some duties.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate on work.
- Ability to perform safe food handling, prep and sanitation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and courteously with a diverse group of departmental and interdepartmental employees, patients, visitors and customers as needed.
- Basic computer and computerized cash register skills as required by some duties.
- Ability to handle cash, make changes and count money as required by some duties.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.Additional Information
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.