Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS\: Making Buildings Better ® SCOPE OF POSITION\:
Performs duties to lead and give direction to workers while performing work of the type supervised. Oversees, assigns work and participates in production or other production support segment of operations. The objectives for this position are to act as coach and facilitator to group responsible for continuous and efficient production in desired quantity and quality according to customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly performs work of the type supervised.
- Assigns and directs workers in group with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production goals and delivery dates.
- Achieves maximum efficiency and productivity of group personnel.
- Utilizes the company's computer programs (BPCS, VPL, Email, DCC) to inquire, produce, track, and report on the current job/production and employee status.
- Encourages efficient utilization of equipment and facilities. Ensures that work group has necessary resources to complete requirements.
- Confers with the area Supervisor and/or Production Services Manager to establishment production goals and work schedules. Works with group members to develop plans for fulfilling orders according to customer requirements. Updates the work group on information pertinent to the successful delivery of the order.
- Maintains compliance with Company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains basic production or output records.
- Maintains conformance to budgetary limitations.
- Reviews and comments on performance evaluations of all subordinates.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of production related work instructions according to ISO9001 and ISO14001 requirements.
- Praises employees for good performance and suggests corrections to ensure consistent production, quality standards, cost reduction, and increased efficiency.
- May initiate and recommend purchase of new equipment as well as recommendations on plant layout.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of equipment working closely with the Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for training of work group. Assists in identifying training needs and provides technical assistance and training when necessary. Helps facilitate the group process both in meetings and in daily operations. Provides feedback and coaching for group. Develops individual group members and the entire group in group process, team dynamics, basic quality tools, and problem-solving models and techniques.
- Guides the work group's problem-solving process toward continuous improvement of quality and productivity measures and expediently advises group of any organizational changes that may affect their processes. Orients new members of group. Ensures that group goals are pertinent and clear to all. Helps the group reach consensus of key issues.
- Interfaces with other departments as necessary. Builds rapport with other organizational units and individuals critical to the group's success.
- Refers unusual conditions or nonâ routine problems to department Supervisor and/or Production Services Manager.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION\: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years' experience to become familiar with products, materials, machines and methods; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Will require training with respect to guidelines for hazardous material and waste handling within six (6) months of hire and annually thereafter.
Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
Demonstrated ability to lead others.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.