Benefits of the position of Head Chef :
- Salary from £45,000 per annum
- performance related bonus.
- • 28 days holiday per year
- • Free staff parking
- • Other benefits including private pension contribution, health, and life insurance
- • Performance related bonus scheme
Responsibilities of the Head Chef will include:
- • Health and safety guidelines - implementing COSHH & Risk Assessment training
- • Maintaining our current 5 Star rating with environmental health in all kitchen areas
- • Following and implementing the highest of food safety standards on a day-to-day basis
- • Ensuring all kitchen brigade members are trained on allergen-specific information and process.
- • Ensuring kitchen hygiene is adhered and actioned upon, as per food safety guidelines
- • always Maintaining a professional approach with an emphasis on teamwork
- • Chef recruitment and conducting Chef Inductions, assessments, probation, and appraisals.
- • Effective management of Kitchen Staff Duties and Rotas
- • Menu Costings
- • Maintaining consistent Recipe cards & specifications
- • Team development, training, and appraisals
- • Managing poor performance through improvement plans and mentoring
- • Attending briefings, meetings & debriefs as necessary
- • Working closely with the events team and attend planning meetings
- • Availability to work 48 hours per week including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and during busy holiday periods.
an independently owned hotel with an enviable reputation are looking for a new Head Chef.
What my client is looking for:
- • Proven track record through previous experience working in a busy professional kitchen at Head Chef level.
- • An advanced understanding of all basic cooking techniques.
- • Ability to train and manage a team of chefs from KP to Sous Chef level to deliver a consistent and professional product.
- • Experience of menu development, portion control & costing.
- • Ability to understand, implement and work to budgets and profits.
- • The ability to deliver excellent standards and display a willingness to develop professionally
- • Show creativity and passion in your work
- • A friendly and positive attitude
- • NVQ Level 2 - Professional Cookery (or equivalent apprenticeship)
- • Minimum level 2 food safety certificate (level 3 is preferable)
- • Understanding of Microsoft Excel, word, and outlook
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a challenging but rewarding career change we would love to hear from you. Immediate interviews will be offered in Bournemouth for the position of Head Chef.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Real Recruitment Solutions place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy and consistently review regulations to ensure our policy is updated and relevant across all aspects of recruitment in order to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.