Job Title: Head of After-School Care Location: Hove Salary: £9.00-£10 per hour Part time, Monday-Friday 2:30pm-6pm (term time) and 8am-6pm for 7 weeks of the school holidays
Our client is looking to recruit a Head of After-School Care.
The client's After-School club is a big extended family where the children come and play, enjoy a huge variety of activities, have fun and create special friendships after a busy day at school and they also enjoy a hot evening meal before they go home. The After-School Club is located directly across the road from our nursery in a local church hall. The children who attend are mostly aged 4 to 7 years with the majority attending Childcare for breakfast club in the mornings too, before school. They usually have about 20 children each day attending from 3pm to 6pm. The environment is varied - they have a fabulous hall for the children to use, a quiet room for the children to enjoy and a wonderful garden to explore.
- Key duties include planning activities daily for the children to enjoy
- Setting up the hall for each session
- Picking the children up from our local school (on foot)
- Joining in with activities with enthusiasm
- Serving up prepared meals
- Communicating with parents and packing away the hall at the end of each session.
- You will have two other members of staff to help you.
- Ideally the roll will also involve covering the holiday club for seven weeks of the year from 8am to 6pm.
- There is a club run for one week in the Christmas holidays, one week in the Easter holidays and the first five weeks of the school summer holidays.
- The holiday club is an extension of the after-school club offering fun activities for the children to enjoy while school is out for the holidays.
- This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for part time work.
- The client will provide all the required training including a DBS check, Safeguarding training and Paediatric
- Childcare qualifications are not essential however practical experience of working in an out of school/early years environment would be beneficial.
- Applicants must have good understanding of meeting the needs of young individuals and have great communication skills.
- Applicants must also share our passion for providing quality care and amazing experiences for children; enjoy the company of children; thrive on creating environments that are safe and happy.
- This role would suit someone who is full of energy and enthusiasm and wants to have fun.
- You will be provided with all the required training for the role.
For more information please contact Jamie Watson at Clearline Recruitment.