Head Of Assembly / Production
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Hours: 7:30am - 16:30pm
Salary: To be discussed on application
Head Of Assembly / Production required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on a permanent basis, offering a competitive market salary.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs, using modern engineering, this company is one of a kind and their diligence is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world's most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles, whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
There are no shortcuts to achieve excellence. We are looking for a Head of Assembly / Production to lead and develop a team of experts, mirroring their eye for detail and finesse. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company where quality supersedes speed and diligence is paramount to deliver iconic and flawless bespoke vehicles to customers. Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Director, the Head of Assembly / Production will strive for perfection, making improvements and maintaining compliance to regulatory and customer requirements.
Responsibilities of theHead of Assembly / Production:
- Deliver safe and high quality, vertically integrated, manufacturing processes to effectively meet the demands of general assembly.
- Ensure each element of standard operating procedures are defined and well planned, aligning with industry best practice.
- Responsible for Health & Safety within general assembly.
- Escalate and address business risks without delay or hesitation.
- Responsible for the people and environment within general assembly, leading a team of 37, including 3 managers.
- Be responsible for production planning and ensuring that systems, processes, and people can deliver production plans in an efficient manner to achieve targets.
- Responsible for delivering the production plan - ensuring that the production departments have the necessary manpower, competence, skills, knowledge, and tooling required to achieve high quality general assembly.
- Proficient leader, able to inspire and motivate employees to perform at their highest level. Achieving excellence and providing a vector for their growth.
- Design and implement KPIs that are accurate and reflective of the manufacturing process being measured.
- Ensure that equipment, machinery, and tooling are used and maintained in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner for the benefit of the business.
- Lead build governance start up meetings.
- Continuously improve all manufacturing processes using continuous improvement and lean methodology, cascading the skills and the expectation to deliver to all key stakeholders within the manufacturing leadership team
The ideal Head of Assembly / Production will:
- Have qualifications and experience in leading a manufacturing and operations team, with a history in delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, and processes.
- Have effective people management/leadership skills, with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle assembly techniques and processes used within automotive manufacturing/production.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to take ownership.
- Thrive in a pressurised and fast paced environment, with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Be dependable and punctual.
- Have strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to integrate at all levels across the business.
- Be able to identify and analyse problems or issues and report them appropriately.
- Able to achieve results and/or building capability by managing projects with the team, making clear boundaries and support.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Hours: Monday - Friday: 7.00am -16.30pm
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV. Should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Key Skills: lean manufacturing / leadership / general assembly / Production planning / manufacturing processes / health & safety / people management