Think Accountancy and Finance are pleased to be working with a client who are on the look out for an experienced Payroll and Pensions candidate for a 6 month contract or temporary placement.
Therefore, they are looking for a candidate who is immediately available and has proven experience in a similar position.
The role will be hybrid with 2 or 3 days a week in the office which is based on the outskirts of Hemel Hempstead.
The Head of Finance would like a candidate to come in an look at their processes and streamline the monthly payroll. This role requires someone who can lead change on top of the payroll responsibilities.
- To ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the monthly payroll. This will involve checking data in the integrated HR/payroll databases including changes for any new roles or working hours
- To process timesheets, back pay, pension changes and anomalies. Any omissions (missing timesheets / New Starters) to be processed through Lloyds Commercial On Line.
- To check SSP and full/half pay entitlements and notifying staff and HR as appropriate.
- To monitor the electronic issuing of payslips
- To manage the Statutory Maternity and Paternity payments
- To manage the accuracy of all payroll items and deductions.
- To manage the payroll bureau so that the monthly deadlines for the payment of salaries and all deductions are met.
- To be responsible for P45s, New Starter Checklists and tax code amendments and correct application of NI codes for all members of staff.
- To ensure that deductions for child care vouchers, GAYE, HSA (Health scheme), cycle scheme and lottery payments are set up and deducted correctly.
- To ensure all payroll GDPR rules are adhered to
- To continuously review payroll processes and contribute to payroll projects as required eg updating documentation
- To process the annual pay increase to the database
- To manage and liaise with the payroll bureau as necessary, audit check reports and generally ensure a high level of service provision.
- Pensions - To be up to date with the rules of NEST pension schemes
- Responsible for administration of the pension schemes for new starters/changes/ leavers liaising with our pension administrators for the stakeholder, NEST and NHS Schemes
- To be responsible for calculating and checking the pension deductions to all the pension schemes, paying the contributions by the correct date, and all reporting to external pension agencies.
- To liaise with pension scheme providers producing information to meet their requirements
- To carry out the annual audit for pension scheme members
- Government Reporting
- To ensure that all year end reports are submitted to HMRC by the relevant deadlines
- To be the point of contact for line managers and HR on all pay matters for staff. To manage queries in a sensitive & confidential manner.
- To provide necessary payroll KPIs & management reports as requested on a monthly / quarterly basis.
This role will require someone to manage their time making use of their experience in payroll. It is a great opportunity for a contractor to come in apply the changes needed as well as ensuring monthly payroll is completed accurately and on time.
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.