Location: Waterbeach, Cambridge
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience + bonus scheme
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday - Friday with the option to work from home 2 days a week and complete your hours over 4 days with a Friday off.
Benefits: 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays (this increases with the length of service), private medical insurance, 3x annual salary life insurance, Free tea & coffee facilities, Bonus scheme
If you're currently working as a Purchasing Administrator or a Junior Buyer and looking for your next step up, then look no further! You will be joining a Manufacturing business who are very family orientated and who invest in their staff through training and development opportunities. Within this position you will have the opportunity to gain your CIPS qualification and progress your skill set.
What you will be doing:
- Processing purchase orders and expediting orders
- Running the MRP system for product and material demands
- Ordering parts for production and updating the system when parts have been delivered
- Negotiating and agreeing prices for parts, consumables and materials
- Resolve any stock discrepancies
- Chase up orders with suppliers
- Liaising with production and sales to provide updates on parts, lead times and orders
- Ensure that database is kept updated on regular basis
- Looking at where cost savings can be made and driving prices
- Arrange shipping with couriers for deliveries
- Experience with SAP would be a benefit
- Confident at using an MRP System
- Some negotiation skills is required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accurate and high levels of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Someone who wants to make positive changes and has lots of ideas for improvements
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.