Who We Are
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Who We Are Looking For
We are currently searching for a Junior Quality Technician to be based out of Harvey, Il. Reporting to Quality Manager, this person will be responsible for performing product inspections using various types of measurement equipment, including calipers, micrometers, and gauges. This person will be responsible for documenting their findings.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 2 - 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Interpret manufacturing drawings and specifications and apply procedures, specifications, and standards to ensure product compliance.
- Prepare job information including documents, gauges, quality history, etc. for production teams prior to the start of job setups.
- Monitor Statistical Process Controls on key characteristics as defined.
- Perform inspection of manufactured parts, tooling, and fixtures to ensure final product conformance to customer specifications.
- Maintain job files for production run data, first piece approvals, maintenance logs, visual alerts, etc.
- Calibrate gauging and maintain calibration records for gauges and other equipment.
- Assist in the training of new production personnel in gauges, gauging techniques, equipment, SPC, data collection, and quality policies and procedures.
Within 3 Months, You'll
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with a variety of precision measuring devices including calipers, micrometers, comparators, height gauges, and custom fixtures.
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret blueprints and GD&T.
- Basic math skills and knowledge of statistical process control.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Power point).
- All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Within 6 Months, You'll
- Complete your Atkore immersion program.
- Understand how your job will help deliver Atkore's strategy.
- Gain an understanding of your teammates.
Within 12 Months, You'll
- Gain an understanding of the current procedures your team owns.
- Partner with Quality Manager and Quality Engineer to identifying short- and long-term process improvement ideas.
- Identify ways to strengthen the team's commitment to Atkore's core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Create, update, and share inspection documentation.
- Have meaningful conversations with Operations team concerning quality issues in real time.
- Support Lean initiatives to drive process improvements.
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We're committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives
for breakthrough results, stays
focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic
priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!