Learning and Development Training Manager
A hands-on role for a senior learning and development professional with full responsibility of the companies training requirements and managing the training team.
As a remote first company, training is delivered via video conference, recorded video sessions, one to one session and occasionally in-person classroom sessions. We are looking for someone to own the creation and delivery of training content across the organisation.
You will be responsible for a small team, focused on delivering a broad range of training across business process and personal skills. As Training Manager, you will ensure that Security Watchdog have employees have the required levels of skills and knowledge to be able to deliver consistently high levels of customer service.
The training team are responsible for delivering training to new and existing employees. As an advocate for Learning and Development this position would suit someone with a passion for personal growth and support the overall development of our people.
Roles and responsibilities
- Planning delivery and design - being a hands-on trainer with responsibility for the creation and delivery of training content.
- Standards and Processes - responsible for ensuring that the delivery teams consistently meet the requirements of our standard operating procedures.
- Stakeholder Management - responsible for developing and building relationships across Security Watchdog to understand their L&D requirements and on occasion their support in deliver training content
- Resource Management - responsible for scheduling of training across the team, and resource allocation to ensure requests are resourced appropriately.
- Continuous Improvement - responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality training content through continuous service improvement.
- Process Guidance - Act as an SME for Security Watchdogs platforms and technologies (including the tools used to deliver training services) and provide support to team members to ensure productivity and delivery on time.
- Deliver Training - as required to employees in the organisation
- Responsible for day to day line management of the training team.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Ownership of the Apprenticeship levy programmes and engaging employees to participate from level 2 to 7 in service and management skills and competencies.
- Collaborate with our Compliance, Helpdesk and Operational teams to understand key trends in requirements and adapt training as required.
Skills and experience
- Proven work experience as a training / Learning and Development professional.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training and learning interventions
- Creation and delivery of learning interventions with broad experience of business training requirements including systems, soft and core skills.
- Delivery of learning through different tools & mediums to deliver training materials for a remote workforce.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc).
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- Effective & strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Scheduling and prioritising learning programmes, working with the HOOs to determine learning needs for the business.
- Experience in resource management and work scheduling & allocation.
- A background in a relevant service-related business with a strong customer service orientation.
- Systems skills including all MS packages