Job Title: Meat CutterSummary
Receives, stores, cuts and grinds meats in retail establishment by performing the following duties. Promote the general welfare of the store.Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Age
Must be over 18 years old.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Computer Skills
None required Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safety sensitive position for drug and alcohol testing.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Comply with all company policies and federal regulations and standards.
- Unloads fresh, cured and boxed meats and poultry from delivery truck and transports them to storage room.
- Examines meats in storage and rotates meats to avoid aging.
- Places meat in containers and wrap for displays. Affixes required labels to products.
- Places meat on trays in display counter.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, cutting room, meat containers, shelves, bins, coolers, tables and storage room meeting required regulations and company standards.
- Cuts meat into small pieces suitable for grinding, and grinds for use as hamburgers, meat loaf and sausage.
- Takes meat orders from customers.
- Counts and weighs incoming articles and compares results against invoice.
- Trims, cuts and weighs meats, fish and poultry.
- Shapes, laces and ties meat cuts by hand to form roasts.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security policies and procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Reasoning Ability -
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Language Skills and Mathematical Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger; handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must properly and safely lift and /or move up to 50 pounds regularly, frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.