SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Technologist where diversity and inclusion thrive? This is a PRN position. Submit your application with Research Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Medical Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
A Medical Technologist is a highly skilled health professional who tests and analyzes blood, other body fluids, and tissue samples. Medical Technologists are responsible for operating and maintaining the equipment used to analyze specimens and ensuring that tests are completed in a correct and timely manner.
About this unit:
- Working in the Laboratory at Research Medical Center provides complex work and the opportunity to see and learn from everything that occurs in a Trauma 1 Hospital.
- Teamwork is key to the success of this unit.
- The RMC Laboratory staff prides it's self on being top-notch professionals who are constantly learning from the technically challenging work they do.
- Under the general supervision of the Section Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing
- You will perform waived, moderate complexity, and high complexity biochemical/hematologic testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988
- You will perform post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results, and monitoring of quality control
- You will maintain inventory of supplies and reagents
- You will maintain non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges as well as a safe work area
- You will demonstrate professional work habits and interpersonal skills
- You will participate in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data
- You will correlate abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed
- You will teach theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students
- You will assist with the orientation and training of MLT/CLT, Non-registered MT/CLS, and Registered MT/CLS employees.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in medical technology/clinical laboratory science or related science required OR Bachelor degree & certification is subspecialty area OR Grandfathered as medical technologist by CLIA 88
- Certification as MT (ASCP)/CLS(NCA) or as appropriate, subspecialty certification such as BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), M(ASCP), etc. required. New graduates will be given a one year grace period from their graduation date to achieve proper ASCP/CLS certification. A new graduate will be required to sign a letter agreement stipulating this requirement.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high degree of accuracy; detail oriented, verbal communication
- Basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation, keyboarding
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our Recruiters to schedule interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.