Reports To: Varies by location
Primary Functions: Originate mortgage loans and promote related programs within the real estate profession and through personal networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market mortgage loan programs to the real estate sales industry and to personal contacts.
- Develop and maintain loan referral relationships with professionals in real estate, accounting, legal and financial planning fields.
- Interview buyer/applicants and originate investor mortgage loans. Accept applications and input them to the origination system, provide required estimates and disclosures, and gather required documentation and fees to process mortgage loans.
- Ensure all loans are originated, disclosed and/or re-directed accurately and timely within all established regulatory compliance requirements and timeframes.
- Ensure accurate processing is completed in a timely manner and prepare for submission to underwriting.
- If the loan is approved, take final steps to ensure a smooth closing. If the loan is declined, verbally advise the borrower and issue applicable refunds. Return any documents not pertaining to credit.
- Conduct sales presentations for Realtors as necessary to enhance business relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Business Administration with advanced industry courses in real estate lending.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Two years of real estate lending experience with at least one year at the loan officer/originator level. Advanced industry courses in real estate lending.
Experience/Skills: Strong attention to detail and ability to perform industry related analysis required. Strong selling and communication skills. A good working knowledge of all aspects of real estate lending including knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and programs. Proven ability to develop sources of mortgage loan application business.
Tenure: Not Applicable
Equal Opportunity Employer
External Company Name: Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
External Company URL:
Street: Procura Puyallup
Minimum Salary Grade: Category 19: Commission
Work Hours (Please use following format: Monday Friday: 8:00 am 5:30 pm) (Text Only): Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Regular Schedule is five 8 hour days: Yes
Additional Schedule Differential: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt