We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.Our Development team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to all of our customers.We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people's lives, each and every day.Join our Development team as a Multi-Trade Operative
Our Development team sits at the heart of our vision to provide places to call home, with an aim to deliver 5000 homes over ten years. We are responsible for the acquisition, delivery and sales of new-build properties across London and the South East.We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Multi-Trade Operative in Camden, London. Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Carrying out a wide range of maintenance
- Responsive repairs
- Ensuring company vehicle is only used in accordance with company vehicle policy
- Delivering quality workmanship within your specific trades and without close supervision
- Inspect quality of work and be satisfied before leaving the customer
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will have:
- Skills & experience working in carpentry
- Basic skills and experience working in plumbing and plastering
- A full driving license
- Any qualifications regarding carpentry, plumbing and plastering will be a bonus!
Our benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you've done a
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We're here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years' continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. As of December 2021, One Housing merged with the Riverside Group, creating one of the country's largest housing associations, with more than 75,000 homes. This follows a shared recognition that we are better and stronger together; and that when we combine, we will be able to do more for our customers and the communities we serve.