NDT Level 2 Operator (Nights)
Job Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: 36
Start / Finish Time: Monday - Thursday
(you may be asked to work (paid) additional hours as and when the business needs)
Our client A & G Metal Treatments Ltd are one of the leading Surface Treatments suppliers for the global Aerospace and Defence Industries, through Innovation & Technology. Since our inception in 2018, they have become a key supplier in the Aerospace & Defence sectors, working with some of the world's biggest Primes. This is an exciting opportunity for NDT Level 2 Operator to join their team.
Duties to include the following:
- To carry out Penetrant and magnetic inspection.
- Carry out daily checks - Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment.
- Create techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test results.
- May instruct and supervise others.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
- Interface daily with the client about work priorities and progress of projects
- Must have good computer skills including: word, excel
- Able to work alone or within a team
- Must have a good standard of house-keeping
- Must have good timekeeping
- Previously qualified as a Level 2 (Minimum) in Penetrant Flaw Detect (PFD) is a must.
- Previously qualified as a Level 2 (Minimum) in Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) (advantageous)
- Previously qualified as a Level 2 (Minimum) in Hardness and Conductivity (advantageous)
Rate of Pay