Wilbarger General Hospital, Vernon, TX
Seeking a full time Nutrition Services Lead Cook for our Nutrition Services Department.
Job Summary: Prepares nutritional food for hospital patients, employees, and visitors. Assists in the requisition of food and supplies. Operates and maintains kitchen equipment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write.
- One year of previous institutional food preparation preferred.
- BLS required. CPI required.
- Position requires extended periods of walking and standing. Some bending, stooping, and reaching for food items and equipment. Pushing and pulling of food carts and lifting up to 50 pounds required. The ability to comprehend and follow written or verbal instructions or directions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for patients, employees and visitors.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment.
- Obeys all safety requirements and procedures at all times.
- Makes recommendations for menu items.
- Assists Director with Inventory when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.