SEMH School in the borough of Greenwich is recruiting a Pro-active, Resilient, Empathetic & Dynamic Outreach Behaviour Mentor / LSA to start a fixed term contract immediately.
Children who attend this SEMH School have varied needs; SEMH / ASD / Behaviour Needs/ Complex Needs. Class sizes are small in order to ensure children are fully catered to - typically between 5 - 7 per class. Behaviour staff and SEN Teachers are supportive, dedicated and focused on making a positive difference to young impressionable minds. Outstanding employer to work for with a Head who is a true visionary.
You would be working with Primary aged children as an Outreach Behaviour Mentor /LSA. As this position is doing outreach, you must be able to drive with a car because this is an outreach position, due to the young person(s) not always being in school so your 1:1s will be in alternative location(s). It would be beneficial and relevant if you have experience with LAC / SEMH/ ASD/ ADHD/ Complex Needs/ Behavioural Difficulties etc. You must have a great attitude & personality, non-judgemental, able to build a strong rapport with children, great sense of humour, can successfully de-escalate behaviour and able to help children with their work. Your SEN experience must have been in a support role in either a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) / Youth Centre /Alternative Provision/ SEN School / Mainstream School (Primary or School) or College.
- Your most recent support position: Learning Support Assistant (LSA)/ Behaviour Mentor/ Mentor/ SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) /Youth Worker / Learning Mentor/ Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)/ Teaching Assistant etc
- Experience working in either a Youth Centre / Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)/ Alternative Provision / College/ Mainstream School / SEN School
- 1:1 & small group activity experience (ie Primary or Secondary ages)
- Can successfully de-escalate behaviour, resilient, can build a strong rapport with children, can help children with their class subjects & empathetic with an amazing sense of humour!
- Must be able to drive and you have a car
- In date DBS on the update service
- You must live in driving distance to the borough of Greenwich